Friday, December 2, 2011

new perspective.

This cancer journey has enlarged my perspective on many things, large and small.  One thing that is different for me is that when I notice the 'soft stuff' at the top of my jeans, instead of being irritated it registers as HEALTH to me now.  While I am not condoning obesity in any form, it is another thing for healthy, active people to appreciate that healthy layer of fat.  A thin layer of that is there for a reason!  Poor Mike is cold 24/7.  We have been on a hunt for warm pajama pants and 'ski liner' leggings for under his jeans.  I just purchased a couple more silk Cattle Kate neck scarves for layering with his outer wear.  We keep the portable heaters handy around the house. And when we are travelling in a car together, I make sure I can strip down to a tank top for the heat level in the vehicle! 

Be thankful for some of your "soft stuff".  It looks like HEALTH to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment