Sunday, September 18, 2011

good medicine.

This weekend Mike and I went to Minneapolis, Minnesota for the season opener of a Prairie Home Companion. The first live performance and radio broadcast of the season are always followed by the Annual Meatloaf Supper & Street Dance. It was the third time we had the privilege of attending these opening festivities and it was wonderful as usual. The music was amazing, the humor & stories were wonderful, the weather was perfect.

At the beginning of each Prairie Home Companion show, guests are encouraged to write comments / greetings to the host and they select some for Garrison Keillor to read aloud on the air during the broadcast. This is the second time they have read Mike's on the air! The first was last October when Mike asked for "God's Speed and protection for Marine son Baker Blanc as he left for Afghanistan" - and if you listened to the broadcast this weekend you heard Garrison read "And Mike & Karen happily welcome our Marine son home after a tour in Afghanistan - thanks for keeping your head down."

I thought I would tell you what I wrote:

"Husband Mike starts radiation treatments on Monday, but I think the best way to cure cancer is a big dose of Prairie Home Companion - so here we are. Mike & Karen Blanc Oakland, Nebraska". Even though GK didn't read it on the air, I thought you could read it on the blog. smile.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of you two. I love your perspective in all of this. That you would label these next 6 weeks "health camp" is amazing. My prayer for you will be that the Lord would give you great spiritual strength during this time of physical weakness. "For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10
    In Christ Alone, Cathy from Dr. Beck's office

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Cathy Nolan, and her prayer is also mine. God speed... Nancy Ivey

    ReplyDelete