Tuesday, October 18, 2011

two pounds.

We found out yesterday that Mike lost two pounds over the weekend.  I was out of town.  And I am sure he was delighted to NOT have me there offering snacks around the clock - "time for a protein drink... how about a scrambled egg?... I'll cut an avocado for you... how much Greek yogurt did you eat? "  Absolutely nothing tastes good, and everything feels "like plaster of paris" in his mouth.

Before radiation was on our radar we bought tickets to see a live performance of A Prairie Home Companion in St. Paul, Minnesota.  When Mike wasn't up for the trip, he encouraged me to go and take Hannah with me (who happened to be on fall break). I came home revived for my Cancer Coordinator role and empowered to help keep Mike's weight up.  He will recover faster at the end of this if his body does not have to rebuild pounds along with his cellular regeneration.

I feel like I do not have brain space or time to write well right now, but did want to ask for "help" prayers on the diet front.  Sending love to everyone out there...

1 comment:

  1. So...do you suppose plaster of paris is better or worse than a frog in your mouth??? Just wondering. :) lol.

    ReplyDelete