Tuesday, November 1, 2011

good things.

Friends.
What would we do without friends?  One friend said it well this morning "When you don't have hope, you let the hope of friends carry you."  Nancy gave a good analogy that tied right in with Melinda's wonderful Cancer Clde poetry :  It is like you were in a huge boxing match in which you max-ed out all your energy & resources.  YOU WON the match, but you are still going to be sore and achey for maybe months after.  Good analogy. She also said (about the two more weeks of cell death):  It is like you are pregnant and expecting your baby to come two weeks early.  Mark your calendar for two more weeks so you have realistic expectations.  (I don't want to... but I will.    November 11 - Veterans Day.)

The House.
Did I already tell you that the painters finished the exterior painting of the Thomas house just as Mike was finishing his last treatment?  We started these "projects" toegther and ended up finishing them together.  Abby and I added the pumpkins yesterday for our first official decoration!



The Surprise.
As previously stated, this past weekend was rough.  An amazing boost was having Abby bound into the house on Saturday afternoon! She drove from Minneapolis to surprise us and to spend my birthday weekend with me. (I almost cry writing this it was such a huge blessing.)  She even took Monday off work to be with me... I soaked up every minute.  She brought a care package of my favorite snacks foods, my favorite Dr. L reisling and movies.  Just what the doctor ordered.

Much to be thankful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment