Friday, August 12, 2011

God things.

Ever wonder how we fly back and forth to St. Louis like this? Answer: Southwest. 45 minutes in the air. Non-stop. No baggage fees. Usually we make our next flight arrangements before we even leave St. Louis which enables us to use the WANNA GET AWAY fares. These are the best deals but have to be scheduled 14-21 days out.

Yet another God thing was securing flights for this surgery trip without losing our shirts with less than a week's notice. I called Southwest and asked if I had enough Rapid Rewards points for this flight. To my amazement she said "You actually have a ticket and a half from the old system and it expires on September 12, 2011." (Mouth dropped open.) Without this surgery I would never have known or suspected that I had a free plane ticket ready to expire. It would have vanished into thin air without me knowing it. So we flew on the rewards from the old system + 9000 points from the new Rapid Rewards system. Total cost of tickets: $5 each.

'The Lord's mercies indeed never cease and His compassions never fail." Lamentations 3

No comments:

Post a Comment