Wednesday, August 10, 2011

out of surgery - everything good.

Dr. Haughey just came out to tell me that everything went great. He removed the enlarged lymph node and a few surrounding ones. He said it went very well. He said he put in a drain that he will remove on Friday. We do not have to spend the night at the hospital - yeah! He will let us know when we get the results of the pathology report which will dictate what we do next.

He was very pleased to tell me how absolutely clean the primary site (at tonsil area) was and even showed me four photos of the area. All showed different angles of the site and all looked like healthy & perfect baby skin. That was pretty thrilling! While surgery is a bummer it did provide a great opportunity to get a picture (literally) of the primary site at close range.

My heart is doing a happy-dance rejoicing thing. Mike is coming off of his anesthesia and I will get to see him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment