Wednesday, April 20, 2011

advertisement.

Because of Mike's restricted diet (pureed and now soft) we have had to depend on protein drinks to supplement Mike's protein & amino acid needs. We thought you would like to know that ORGAIN is Mike's hands-down favorite and we have tried every protein & muscle drink out there!
We were pleased to notice this message today on the back of the bottle: "I developed Orgain with one simple goal in mind - to create the healthiest drink in the world. As a cancer survivor and practicing physician, I have experienced first hand the benefits of organic, wholesome nutrition. I spent years formulating the perfect blend of organic protein, organic complex carbohydrates, fiber, and a synergistic immune and vitamin blend to create Orgain. Whether you don't have time for breakfast, need a replenishing post-workout shake, fighting an illness, or just need a healthy snack between meals - Orgain is your healthiest choice." Andrew Abraham, M.D. I am happy to report that Mike turned a corner on Sunday with his ability to eat a greater variety of soft foods. He surprised me by eating the noodles and spinach pieces in his soba soup, and now manages chicken and salmon with mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, chicken soup, some breakfast cereals - and my cookies (softened with hot tea). Last time he weighed he was up seven pounds! I am so proud of how hard he has worked to maintain a strong nutritional intake.

3 comments:

  1. Mike, I have enjoyed reading about your food journey through all of this because it is everything I have learned about in my Dysphagia (swallowing disorders) class and I always appreciate when I can relate what I am learning in class to a real life situation. Despite the difficulty you are having with swallowing, I am definitely learning from your experiences on your ride and it truly inspires me.

    Are you working with a speech-language pathologist to help you with swallowing?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete