Tuesday, April 12, 2011

an exciting morning.

Both of us actually being asleep when the first doc came in this morning was kind of fun. And when the whole team came in, Mike was sitting at the desk reading comments on the blog and I was in bed! Dr. Rich said "Now that is what I like to see." Mike is currently drinking some warm green tea with honey. Mike wants to report that he is up to having two swallows of tea in his mouth at once, and is working toward three without choking. AND DR. HAUGHEY JUST POPPED IN! It is so comforting to see him and hear every wise and kind word that comes out of his mouth. (It is hard not to get emotional every time we see him as we are so appreciative...) Mike already had his neck drain taken out this morning, and Dr. Haughey said he would take out his neck staples during our 1pm appointment at his office this afternoon. Our plan is to leave the hospital as soon as the discharge papers go through. Then it is off to the Vespas to shower & bath and put on real clothes! I am most worried about getting me cleaned up today as I didn't make it back to our Vespa home to shower at all yesterday because I didn't want to miss the doctors. I haven't washed by face or hair or anything since I got ready for bed on Sunday night - ha. (I have been brushing my teeth and my new shorter haircut is totally working in my favor.) It hasn't seemed important, but I am jazzed to freshen up today. In a few minutes I will call Southwest Airlines and tell them that we will not be on our flight today. Dr. Haughey will help us know when it will be safe for Mike to fly home. When we first scheduled the flights we were planning three days post hospital for Mike to build his strength, but we will depend on Dr. Haughey's wisdom for that. And they just came in to say we can officially leave!

3 comments:

  1. SWEET!!!!! This is the Day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear! enjoy the spring sunshine.kbr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! Everyone at MVS/CSRC is so excited for you Mike! -Lisa H.

    ReplyDelete