Thursday, April 7, 2011

made it through 3 days.

Watching a loved one in a sedated state does not get easier by the hour. You work hard to remember that this is in the patient's best interest, but it is still hard. Every time a machine or monitor beeps every cell in your body jumps. Even when you go to the bathroom or dash to the cafeteria to get a tea, you feel pulled in two directions. Tomorrow (Friday) is a big day. I am eager to have my talking husband back. I am eager to tell him about all the support we have had, and how many people love him and are praying for him. I am eager to see his face when he finds out it is Friday, instead of just after midnight on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) when the breathing tube went in. Also, I am eager to see how well he is going to pull off his new kick-ass neck scar. He earned this battle scar and will wear it well. Off to bed...

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how much you look forward to Mike's great smile! I think of you guys constantly! Your writings have made me feel like we are there with you. Thank you for expressing your thoughts, fears, and hopes as we journey with you. PS...I knew you could make a great cross stitch pattern, but you really need to consider writing a book! You could call it "The Cross Stitches of Life!!" :) Love to both of you. Melvinsky VonBlancsky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - Melinda took the words right out of my mouth. I wake up and the first thing I do is go to my computer to see if you have posted since I went to bed. Thank you so much for keeping us all posted on everything!!!! What a blessing. You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I can not wait read your next entry......

    ReplyDelete