Friday, April 8, 2011

he is awake!!!

Glorious news. Mike is off the breathing tube and "awake". He is still a little groggy but he has cried a few tears and cracked a few funnies. You can't imagine how good it felt to laugh with him over some funny comment. (Ask me about it later!) He is in an almost sitting position and using a suction tube (on a long straw-like thing) to remove gunky-spit stuff from his mouth. I can tell he feels miserable and sore. This will be a hard day for him, but hard day is relative. I am always proud of his fighting spirit. I am always delighted by his sense of humor. More later!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Karen, for wonderful news this morning! You write so well about what's going on and your feelings about things (not all, I'm sure!), that we feel as if we are there beside both of you! Prayers continue!!
    Love to you both,
    Jan and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mikie again how much we all love him!! I am so glad you are taking such good care of him too Karen. Got my bracelet on!!!!

    ReplyDelete