Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the waves rolled in.

It is 5am and I am leaving the hospital to get some sleep. I do think that last night was the worst night of my life... at least what I can remember right now. Mike will be fine but he came back from the OR just before midnight and within 20 minutes, the bleeding from the tonsil area was back... this time with a vengeance. I will spare you details but sweet Mike's cough brought with it much bleeding. By about 1:45am they put a breathing tube in so they could control the bleeding. Even though he was technically "resting" I could not bring myself to leave his side... I'll just say it was more pain than I hope to experience in a long while to watch someone I love so dearly hurting so much. I am taking time to write this (hope it makes sense) because I want you to pray for Mike's comfort and rest today. He is the bravest man I know.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of his bleeding and pain. I will pray for comfort and rest for him today. I love you both. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry too! Praying... and I hope you get some much needed rest too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KAREN SO SORRY TO HEAR MIKE IS IN PAIN BUT HE IS IN VERY GOOD HANDS AND I BELEAVE THAT BETWEEN HIS DOCTOR AND GOD THEY WILL GET IT ALL FIGURED OUT AND HE'LL BE ON HIS WAY HOME WITH HIS BEAUTIFUL SMILE LOVE YOU BOTH DIANE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your hearts, we will pray for rest and comfort for both of you.
    Much love,
    Barbara and Preston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, please know my heart and prayers are with you as you are experiencing "the trials of many kinds" part of the James 1:1 verse. But the last word of the verse is PERSEVERANCE--a gift that you and Mike have so clearly been given. It shows in your spirit of love and tenderness and courage to capture the sometimes painful details of life and be able to inspire others by finding God's hand in it. Thank you for sharing this journey--I pray for rest and comfort for you both today. Hugs from Dallas, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen,
    Just read this. So sorry to hear the night was so rough. Hoping that last night will remain your worst night ever... and praying for strength, healing, and God's peace to rest upon you both.
    Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a copy of the note I sent to Mallory after reading this post. Mallory probably didn't know it, but Mike sent me a very encouraging note and a gift, which I received the day he went in for surgery. I was reading it as Mike was in the midst of his long surgery. Our connection to him that day was very powerful. He gave me much encouragement for my cancer journey! ------
    Mallory,
    I didn't know why at the time, but I woke up at 11:15 and 2:00 with an urge to pray for your dad. Now I see Karen's posts about him going back into surgery. Wow! God works in our lives for good! Never underestimate the power of a praying friend.
    Sending hugs your way as you and your family get through this difficult time! Love ya! Gail

    ReplyDelete