Friday, April 15, 2011

great "coincidence".

I first heard Igor & Lena Yaremchuk's amazing life stories at a Missions Conference at Central Presbyterian Church in St. Louis about 20 years ago. The cool thing is that our church in Dallas supported their work in the Ukraine too, so I got to see them almost once a year even after we moved. "Coincidentally" I was in St. Louis for business during last year's Missions Conference at Central and got to spend time with Igor & Lena in 2010. I was delighted to be able to make a digital StoryBook wedding album for their daughter Victoria because they only had these beautiful photos on CD. Believe it or not, "coincidentally" the week that Igor & Lena were in St. Louis this year was the same week that Mike & I are here. On Wednesday night last week when my dear husband was sedated and on a ventilator (will that ever get easier to write?), I ventured to West County to have dinner with Igor & Lena at the Mayfields. It was rejuvenating and therapeutic to share stories and laugh. I didn't like straying far from the hospital but for the Yaremchuks I did.
Yesterday, Sharon Mayfield dropped off copies of a new book about their lives called "Beyond the Rapids" by Evelyn Puerto which is available on Amazon.com.
By the way, we don't believe in "coincidence". Our greatest comfort is that we believe that God's sovereignty extends to every molecule.

1 comment:

  1. What appropriate timing to get the "Beyond the Rapids" book as you're heading home after all your references to waves! Hope the flight went well and you're nestled snuggly in your bed! :) JVH

    ReplyDelete