Tuesday, April 5, 2011

my second visit to see the patient.

I just got to see Mike again. For another 5 minutes. It is very good to see him looking so normal - except for the scar and the drain tube and the fact that he feels horrible. I have to laugh because I said I was surprised his neck incision was only 3 inches long. Well, that was all I could see standing on his right side. This time I saw how the almost 8 inch incision goes on up the side of his neck. It still looks good, and like Sharon says "scars can be sexy". He will wear it well! I did not mention the possibility of the "hybrid tumor" to worry anyone, but rather because 1.) it helps us appreciate how thorough and intuitive Dr. Haughey is and 2.) if people are praying, they can be praying for the pathologist and this issue. This will just affect what we do next.

2 comments:

  1. We are praising God for the successful surgery. You and Mike, along with the kids, will continue to be in our prayers in the days ahead. Our God is FAITHFUL! Hey, we thought all Marines had scars on their necks or faces! Isn't that the norm? Thank you so much for the Mike's Long Ride bands. We will wear them with pride and admiration for who it represents and who Mike serves, our precious Lord Jesus Christ.
    With love and prayers, "Scarface" Wayne and Nancy Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I have only just learned of this long journey on which you & Mike find yourselves -- via your daughter's facebook post, no less! I sat in my office and read each blog post just now... praying and crying the entire time. I'm now late for a dinner and must go, but I will keep up with your journey and post again later. (Or you may send me your email and I can communicate that way. Please know that another OLD friend is now added to the long list of people lifting you and Mike before the throne. "The Lord our God is with you. He is mighty to save. The Lord will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love." Zephaniah 3:17
    Much love to both of you,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete