Saturday, April 9, 2011

it's saturday in st. louis.

By 8am Mike had his catheter out (he did not like that) and he was sitting up in a chair. He feels crappy (I used the nice word.) When I arrived just after 7am he told me that he was awake every hour during the night. I got to give him a bath and washed his hair at 9am. No fun and games today. He did smile once when Tom Vespa texted him from the starting line of the St. Louis Marathon weekend 5k and told him he didn't get to sit it out next year. (More on the St. Louis Marathon later.) None of my jokes are funny, and no kind of touching or massaging feels good. He is getting better incrementally. He just can't see it himself yet. Expect lots of texting today because it is something for me to do while I am sitting quietly next to him... and I have lots to say. smile.

1 comment:

  1. did Mike agree with Curt about the catheter?? Hey the " crappiness" shall pass! each new day will be a better day. kbr

    ReplyDelete