Friday, April 8, 2011

nurse karen.

I was tickled that Nurse Jan let me help bath Mike and get his bed linens changed etc. Since they have wanted Mike to be perfectly still, they did not move him for cleanup stuff until today. "All clean, no bugs either" my mom used to say when she bathed us as little girls. Mike has been able to talk to all the girls except Emily - Kiley, Mallory, Susanne, Mollie, Evian, Abby, Hannah - and we'll catch Emily after school. When he hears their voices he tears up and his face contorts with emotion... then he composes himself and cracks some kind of joke. (I need to be making a list!) He also got to say hi to both moms. Don't get the idea that he is ready to take phone calls yet - ha. It really wears him out, but he wants to make the connection - and so do they! The pain medicine does make him a little scared, sweet thing. He fears that he will start bleeding again - that scary part that was 3 days ago - but to him it was just hours ago since he was out for 2 days. He is able to relax more and more, but also wake up more and more - which totally makes sense. Lots of medications winding out of his body... He keeps asking when he is going to feel more awake. The nurses said that tonight he will feel better, and tomorrow he will feel more "normal". Thanks for praying for his comfort and continued healing.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mikie,
    for some reason this story comes to my mind... it is about a boy who made another boy put a frog in his mouth... any idea who that boy was? LOL.... Know that there are lots of prayers going up for you in TTTTennessee........ you are on the road to recovery bro!! Don't forget.... He parted the Red Sea! Hand in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri...that's funny...that same story came to my mind...and then Harry Chapin's song..."All My Life's a Circle, Sunrise to Sundown!" Hope your evening is uneventful! Thinking of you. Karen...do you have more bracelets I can buy from you? I know of several people who want them. Text me and let me know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike and Karen,
    This is Sheri's friend, Carol, I just wanted you let you know I am holding you up to the Jehovah Rapah, the God who heals. I am trusting God's perfect timing for your healing. I pray each day brings new strenght and encouragement. Thanks for letting me join you in this time of complete recovery.

    Until all are healed,
    Carol Edmunds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just learned that Uncle Dick Kruse had Dr. Bruce as his surgeon when he had throat cancer (vocal folds). He said that when Dr. Bruce dismissed him they felt so sad that they wouldn't get to see him anymore! What a tribute!
    Love you both,
    Paul and Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts are with you Mike.

    Doug, Kathy and Will Blanc

    ReplyDelete